Saturday, April 19, 2008

Won't somebody think of the children

I think that it is vulgar to have finals at 7:00 AM. I also think it's awful to have finals on Saturdays. This morning my Econ 110 students had both. At the same time.

Luckily, the other TA is married, so he goes to bed at around 10:00 every night, so he volunteered to proctor the first half of the exam while I did the second. It still amounted to me arriving on campus at 8:30, but that is an hour and a half better than 7:00.

Perhaps I'll take a nap this afternoon. I'll do it between washing my car, going shopping, depositing checks, and studying for the other 3 finals that I still have ahead of me. Hmm. . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mlh said...

Xister, you are likeable.


I got up at 6:15 twice--once for the test and once for not the test. As Jamie steck-ish would say, this is totally club. I think I'll go read magazines in the periodical section.

Amy said...

Friend, I am sorry for your unfortunate proctoring events. Early Saturday mornings during finals week (or any time really) are no fun! I wish I had known such an unfortunate thing was to happen and then Bran and I could have done something to help, like make you breakfast! However, the time has past and now finals are over for a very long time! Yay!!!