Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Campaign funds?

So with the last financial disclosure due before the election on Tuesday, I was curious about how the financial reports of the various candidates differed.

I think that the most amusing/depressing thing I found (depending on your mood) was a "campaign meeting" expense paid to Sherwood Hills by Keith Grover.

"What's Sherwood Hills?" I asked myself. After Googling it, it turns out that it is a spa and resort in Northern Utah. North of Ogden even. What is he doing holding campaign meetings up there? And how much meeting was going on compared to how much spa-ing?

With the $22,000 left in his campaign account, is his next meeting going to be in Paris?

If it is, I wonder if he will let me be on his committee.

9 comments:

Snow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Snow said...

I had a family reunion once at Sherwood Hills. Not that my spa knowledge is expansive or anything, but if I had to pick the best spa/resort in the country, I wouldn't pick that one. If he was going to splurge campaign money, why didn't he pick some place better?

jaks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
display name said...

I want to say something really wild so my comment can be deleted by the author too.

Ummm, you smell!

Jerry said...

haha...yeah I really want to know what comments were deleted

Jerry said...

So...a question about presidential campaign financing...

If Obama wants to "spread the wealth around" why does that rule not apply to himself, and share his money with McCain so that they have an equal chance and opportunity for success?

xister said...

I do know what was written because I'm sent an email each time someone posts on my blog. "Removed by the author" means that the person who posted the comment later deleted it, just in case people are worried that I'm censoring my blog.

I'd like to tell you that Keith Grover commented asking me to be on his campaign committee and go with them to Paris before he realized that I was joking. Then Curt Bramble commented on how Keith is a dork for not recognizing sarcasm when he sees it. Then they both deleted their comments. That's what I'd like to tell you, even if it is not (necessarily) true.

So I'm sticking to my story.

xister said...

Didn't you hear the Obama had offered a large portion of his campaign money to McCain, but it was too late because McCain had already declared that he wasn't going to take any more private donations so he could use the money given to candidates from the government?

Jerry said...

Oh yeah, and didn't you hear that Obama also offered free typhoid vaccines to anyone who is already infected?