Friday, September 11, 2009

People watching

I know lots of people who like to sit in the CougarEat or Brigham Square and just watch people go by. Me too. In fact, I occasionally take it even further and I follow people around to see what they are doing and talking about. This is more tricky because they can't know you are following them. If they are hard to understand, I will sometimes walk in front of them and try to guess where they are going. This tactic usually doesn't work as well.

This being said, I do have a little respect for privacy, and if they are talking about something really personal, I don't listen in. However, I have taken detours for discussions of health-care, anti-matter, and literature. People are really interesting.

Speaking of interesting people, a friend showed me this link today. The first one is about a Mormon missionary. I've listened to 2 of them now and they were both amazing.

1 comment:

Crolace said...

You follow them?

You know how sometimes someone's talking and you think you can sort of relate, so while they're talking you're all, "Hmm. Yeah. Me too." and then all of the sudden you're like, "Wait, what?"

That was me for this post. That's cool though.

I liked the photo essay about the sister missionary.