Sunday, July 1, 2007

Food glorious food

This week I've reaffirmed my awful eating habits. Especially with my current schedule. I think perhaps deep down inside I feel like I can't be a true college student unless I'm a starving college student. Most students though fall into this catagory by default because they don't have any money. Financially, I'm doing alright though. I probably even have the time eat and stuff, but I'm incredibly lazy.

My classes start early in the morning, so to avoid waking up earlier than necessary, I eat just a little really quickly. I was unkind to myself this term, and I usually am in classes or meetings straight until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. If I remember, I bring a nectarine with me and eat it between classes, but in the end, it happens about 50% of the time. Last semester I was alright though because I was part of a dinner group. I could at least be sure of getting one good meal a day. Last week due to finals week, all dinner groups were canceled. Because many people moved out of the complex, they haven't started back up yet. I try to eat something in the evening, but proabably three quarters of the time that I make anything at all, I just make chips and cheese.

I do drink lots of chocolate milk though.

2 comments:

Crolace said...

And they wonder why 1 in 4 women in college has an eating disorder. It may have something to do with body image, but I bet it would be less of a problem if eating was just a little more convenient.

display name said...

Xister, you have the same eating habits of my son! Nectarines and chocolate milk. Today he tried some Spaghetti-ohs, though. I think I was able to sneak in 4 or 5 bites. Maybe you'd like those too. Just stick a bowl in the microwave and voila!

Look! I did something in italics. I had to look up how on google. I am feeling so savvy