Thursday, July 19, 2007

Oh where, oh where has my sister's bike gone...

You know what's great about running in circles? You find things that you lost along the way.

Yesterday was one of those busy days where you wake up and don't stop running until you go to bed at 12:30 or thereabouts. In the midst of this whirlwind, I had a voice lesson. It's a good 20 minutes away on foot, so I planned on biking there which is about 5 to 10 minutes away. Unfortunately, when I arrived at the bike rack where I park my bike, I could not find it. To make matters worse, it is not actually my bike but the bike of my sister that I am borrow for the summer while she is away.

I looked around for the remains of the lock that perhaps had been cut through and abandonned. It would've taken some heafty clippers because I had locked it up with a heafty U-lock. Finding no trace, I started racing to my voice teacher's home and called my dad to see if he had a car on campus that I could borrow. He didn't, but he had his bike and kindly let me borrow it. I sped to my lesson arriving only 5 minutes late.

Afterwards, I had my dance class and so rather than return the bike right away, I took to my class and locked it up in the racks there. As I gathered my stuff together after locking the bike up again, I noticed something not so far away: I saw my sister's bike locked up and forgotten from last week when I road my bike to my lesson and dance class, and then didn't think about it again till yesterday.

1 comment:

Crolace said...

One time, I thought my car had been stolen, but I had really just left it on campus after church on Sunday. I had forgotten about it and left it in a faculty lot for 2 days and I didn't get a ticket. But when I park in a fifteen-minute spot for 20 minutes, you'd better believe I come back to find a green envelope on my windshield. Go figure.