Saturday, September 15, 2007

Dancing and destruction

So I really like dances. More than normal people. I perhaps shouldn't as much. If any of you have been to a dance with me, you know how I really get into it. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I figure I kinda swing my arms (and my whole body) around in time to the music.

In any case, I was perhaps a little too aggressive last night. I managed to shatter the face of my watch and slice my arm open. Oddly enough, I don't know how I did either of them or if they are related. I was just standing there and felt that there was a crack on the front of my watch, and all of a sudden the whole face crumbled into my fingers.

I didn't even notice that I was injured until I got home and saw blood trickling down my arm. I guess that makes it sound more violent than it in fact was; there was only a little bit, but I like that fact that I have battle wounds from the dance floor.

Perhaps I should be more careful.

2 comments:

HRH said...

When you are doing things from your heart, you are vulnerable and can get hurt. Take satisfaction in knowing that you were injured particpating in a passion to which you gave your all -- blood, sweat, and hopefully not too many tears.

display name said...

I can only imagine what the person dancing next to you looks like!