Saturday, November 24, 2007

A retort

Today I am sickly and therefore can reply to branmuff sickly post with a voice of experience.

Pros:

Jamba Juice: Although I didn't make it up to campus today to buy a Jamba Juice, I'm certain that I would've loved it. Instead I've been slurping up cup-fulls of 7-up. It actually works wonders for an upset stomach as it turns out. I threw up 3 times this morning between the hours of 4 and 7, but then I got some 7-up and I'm feeling much better. When my stomach starts to churn, I start sipping a very small cup-full and by the time I'm done with the cup, my stomach feels better. I'd highly recommend it. (Word of warning: I can imagine that drinking too much to quick though might actually make things worse. I claim no responsibility for a person who tries out this method and has rotten things happen to them.)

Naps: Again, I would've loved to take a nap, but I'm aching all over and have been unable to fall asleep. Oh well. I guess that the option was there.

People take care of you: I've had lots of people do lots of nice things for me, or at least offer to. I thought that it was really great of people to take care of me even if I might be really crabby.

Cons:

It's unpleasant: Here, here.

Throwing up: I'd have to say that this is where I disagree most with Branmuff. As much as I'd like to maintain my girlish figure, vomiting is painful. I think that it's the worse when there is nothing in your stomach and you vomit anyways. If I hadn't thought that it would be really messy and incredibly unsanitary, I probably would've just given up on the toilet and laid out flat on the bathroom floor. I was exhausted and sweaty and smelly and unhappy.

I'm happy to report though that I'm feeling a lot better now than I was this morning thanks to my loving family and a bottle of 7-up. I'm hoping to be on my feet again tomorrow.

3 comments:

Crolace said...

I'm sorry to hear you were sick.

xister said...

That's OK. I'm feeling much better this afternoon.

Bran said...

My rebuttal,
1. I almost always finish throwing up by sprawling out across the bathroom floor. So you should probably go ahead and try it.
2. I actually really dislike people offering to do things for me when I'm sick. I often feel anti-social as it is, and feeling sickly definitely magnifies this.
3. It isn't the actual "nap" part that is pleasurable but the fact that you can lie down without being nagged by guilt.
4. 7-up and jello and the like have become so associated with being sick that instead of making me feel better, they make me much sicker.
5. As for the whole love of vomiting thing I have, perhaps I'm still in the Freud's oral stage. Or perhaps people have different ways of coping/finding pleasure. I like it, and I'm not moving from this point.