Friday, January 4, 2008

Life's little paradoxes

Or is it paradoces?

So I'm a bit stuck here. I have a big project that I need to get done over the break and I have tons of time. I even have the project out and would love to work on it more than just about any other reasonable thing that I could be doing right now. I have one problem though. I am at work and don't have the resources here to get it done.

During Christmas break, we have needed to cover the office just it case some decides to call. I supposed it's great that I'm here taking the time to make sure that a few people are taken care of, but in the 20 hours that I have worked over the last 2 weeks, I have received perhaps 6 phone calls. That comes to about 25 dollars a phone call. I think that it's kind of my office to be willing to spend so much as a campus service.

I guess I have directed about 20 people to the traffic office down the hall while I have been here as well.

It's not so bad though. As it turns out, the computer lab that has the programs I need to move forward is also closed for Christmas break and it will be open again when classes start on Monday.

Once I no longer have time any more.

2 comments:

Crolace said...

I think it's paradoxen.

Here comes the ox cart,
Oh so slow.
It's pulled by a paradoxen,
Of course you know.

mlh said...

That's so frustrating. I'm sorry.