Friday, March 21, 2008

The cat is out

So I've officially submitted the hatred post below to the campus newspaper and it's been printed today. I'm also currently typing this from the BYU Democrats booth. I usually try to hide my political leanings from strangers (I make more friends this way), but I seem to be pulling out all the stops these days. The next thing you know, I might buy one of these Democrat t-shirts and wear it around campus or participate in an eco-terrorism rally.

You know that feeling when you buy new clothes and wear them to school for the first time and you are a little self-conscious about it. It's a little like that.

So far, no one has disowned me.

But the day is still young.

3 comments:

Ms. T said...

Did anyone disown you?

Amy said...

Ooooh, where can I get a T-shirt too? I can't imagine why anyone would disown you for being a Democrat. I mean, Democrats like everyone, take care of everyone, and accept everyone...I'm not understanding why people wouldn't like these qualities in a person unless they hated people. If this is the case, I don't think you should worry about the people that hate everyone. There's no hope for them anyway.

mlh said...

That is so cool! I saw someone reading the letters to the editor today. Cool.