Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Home

So I've been promising people for weeks that I would post pictures of my new space. I have this really great single-room studio apartment right off the Charles River. I love it to death.

The first thing that a person might notice walking into my building are the great common areas. This one is right inside the front door. It has a pool table and large screen TV.

Other common areas have really beautiful views of the city.
The next thing you would notice is that the door to the residences are very colorful. My door is green.
Thanks to a lot of help from Bob and Brittany, my apartment is now fully stocked. Here is what it looks like on the inside.

Here is the kitchen:
And the bathroom:
And the bedroom/whatever-it-needs-to-be-since-I-have-only-one-room:

Please note my amazing bed/desk. It's a bed on top and a desk underneath. I think that it is the perfect furniture for the space I have.

So there you have it: the grand tour.

7 comments:

Meridith Reed said...

Very nice, Patrick! Looks classy and comfortable. The bed/desk was a great idea.

display name said...

I love that you are sleeping on a bunk bed! It makes it look like a missionary apartment... only a lot cleaner. =)

xister said...

I've realized that I really like clean spaces. I wasn't particularly clean in college because it's frustrating to clean your space and it still is dirty because your roommate hasn't cleaned his.

Deon said...

Big windows, lots of light. That's great!

I remember setting up a bunk bed/desk arrangement when you were a kid but I don't remember whether it was yours or another sibling's. I remember attaching a florescent light fixture to the underside of the bed board.

If you don't remember it, maybe it was your subconscious memory of it that made this appeal to you.

Another innovation was a bed board and mattress on top of a dresser. Do you remember when your little sister had a bed in my closet? Dad didn't like that much.

Christian said...

I likes it! Especially the desk/bed. Though I wonder about the availability of the common areas for social events. Does it work pretty well?

Day said...

I love the public spaces--lovely modern design. Nice taste.

mlh said...

I'm so impressed--very classy.